I made it in the second smallest size, with size 5 and 6 needles. I had to extend the length of the bodice by about one and a half inches to accommodate my size. I also did a border of 3 rows of garter stitch instead of 2, for more coverage. It came out slightly longer than I intended, once the lace fully opened up, but I like it. I LOVE that the fit worked out so I can wear a only bra with the camisole and not have to wear another camisole under it as well.
On the back you can really see the beauty of the slight color changes in the yarn I used. The silks are plant dyed, and the subtle color is just gorgeous. I hand washed the whole thing when done (without the ribbon) and added a vinegar rinse to help the color.
This was a great project. I learned a lot about fitting myself. I had to rip back and restart so many times – but it was great to learn this stuff on a smaller piece, so hopefully when I am constructing larger garments, the knowledge will help.
THE KEY TO FITTING, for me, was in the border. First time through I picked up too many stitches, and the front pieces gapped and did not fit smoothly. I pulled it all out and re-did it, making sure to pick up less stitches. The overlap fits beautifully. I have a detail shot of that, and a couple of other photos here.
I have a couple other projects on the needles, ready to finish up, and then I plan to start the fan and quill stockings from this book as well.