I’ve been superbusy finishing the last of my school work for the year. I’ve got three or four little projects that are 99% done, including some special knit baby gifts, Blythe stuff, and a few big projects that I’m just moving so slowly on. I hope to update with the little stuff on Friday. Last weekend I spent the entire weekend in my new garden, of which I will hopefully have lots of photos to share. I’m thinking of taking a photo twice a month to document its progress.
In other news, I’ve signed up for a swap! The apronswap! I’m really excited about this one. Looks like some very accomplished seamstresses in the mix, so I’ll have my work cut out for me to design something cute. In the swap spirit, here’s the getting to know you questions.
1. first apron (that you can remember): I think my first real apron was a gorgeous green print hostess apron made by of Chic Cosas.
2. last (most recent) apron: A cheap, cotton reproduction vintage full apron from Anthropologie.
3. dream/favorite apron: One that looks sweet, vintage, and elegant as well.
4. dream sewing machine: A serger!
5. what do you put in your pockets? or what strange thing have you ever found in them?: I tend to just keep keys, money, and tissues in my pockets.
6. condiment(s) you can’t live without: Hummus? Guacamole? In my world these are condiments. OOOhhh, as are hot fudge and caramel.
7. do you wear more showy aprons or dutiful ones? My half apron is my fancy one, the full one is functional.
8. favorite cooking gadget: I think my hand mixer.
9. cooking gagdet that promised the world but didn’t deliver: W+S vegetable chopper.